. : About me : .
. : Recent Posts : .
. : Archives : .
. : Links : .
. : Calender : .
. : Amigo : .
. : Credits : .
. : Search this Site : .
Thursday, August 31, 2006
M for Mom; M for MarriageIm the perfect example of a Mamma´s boy!
As per mom´s wishes on ganesh chaturthi,
So I have taken an oath - Violating the above is a sin and I shall stand by the word I´ve given to my mom, who means the universe, the life( and death), everything to me. Ask me to jump off a cliff, I´d do it for you mom.... I love you!... This is a pic with mom during my sistersmarriage. Isnt she beautiful?
Ok... wipe your tears off and and lets talk about the other M I mentioned in my title....
I was generally going through my archives the other day and found this...
Carefully read the last comment on this post http://mullangee.blogspot.com/2005/09/getting-tagged-seven-things.html
Now whoever wrote that, are you listening - I am ready ;) !
Music: Scorpions - Holiday
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Lets Play Taggie Taggie TaggieDuring my random blog hops, I found this tag. Being a Music Meme, I was so excited reading it that I decided to take it myself. So, Im doing what Nithya did once- tagging myself :D
Rules of the game: No Indian, Icelandic or Japanese music. No instrumentals. All information valid through the last couple of week, hence not much thought, and all rankings/lists liable to change without notice or fanfare.
My Top Five Most Heard Songs of the past few weeks:
1) Sympathy For The Devil – Dave Matthews Band
2) Last Resort – Papa Roach
3) Cassandra - Theatre Of Tragedy
4) The Man Who Sold The World - Nirvana
5) More Than Words - Extreme
Top Five Feel Good/Cheer me up/Anti Depressant Songs that I can think of:
1) Hotel California - Eagles
2) Riders On The Storm – The Doors
3) Graduation Day - Chris Isaac
4) Shine On You Crazy Diamond – Pink Floyd
5) Always Take The Weather With You – Crowded House
Top Five feel like shit/Life sucks/Ultra-Depressing songs of the moment:
1) Rasputin – Boney M
2) Careless Whisper - George Michael
3) Discotheque – U2
4) Ma Baker – Boney M
5) Life Wasted - Pearl Jam
Five funniest songs in living memory:
1) Johnny go - Jimi Hendrix and B B King
2) Fuck Her Gently – Tenacious D
3) Why Does It Hurt When I Pee? – Frank Zappa
4) Brave Sir Robin ran away - Monty Python
5) Actually All Monty Python Songs
Top Five Chick Songs as of now:
1) Thank You - Alanis Morissette
2) Beauty On The Fire – Natalie Imbruglia
3) Turn Back Time - Aqua
4) A thousand Miles- Venessa Carlton
5) Bring Me To Life - Evanescence
Top Five Romantic Songs I can remember:
1) Casablanca – Bertie Higgins (A must listen)
2) Making Love Out Of Nothing At All – Air Supply
3) Killing Me Softly – Perry Como
4) Still Loving You – Scorpions & Hello – Lionel Ritchie (I had to mention both these songs)
5) I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
Top five Songs with the Coolest Names:
1) Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict - Pink Floyd
2) Falling In Love Is Too Hard On My Knees - Aerosmith
3) I Don't Like The Drugs, But The Drugs Like Me - Marilyn Manson
4) Atermelon in Eastern Hay – Frank Zappa
5) Smack My Bitch Up - The Prodigy
Top Five Awesomest Cover versions on my current Most Played:
1) Stairway To Heaven (Led Zeppelin) - Jana
2) Riders On The Storm (Snoop Dog) - The Doors
3) Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) – Tori Amos
4) Knocking On Heavens Door(Bob Dylan) – Eric Clapton
5) Communication Breakdown(Led Zeppelin) – Iron Maiden
I´d like to tag Nithya, Pramod and Divya ..... U guys should take it up.... its real good fun!
Nithya is on a spree, tagging people, tagging me.... henceforth .....
I am thinking about • how to solve the forward dynamics of an RSS stucture…
I said • “I drew those because I was lil confused as things weren’t working and needed a break”, to which my boss replied “I took that pic as a token of encouragement, now go and draw more”.
I want • to get into a lecture hall and do a Walter Lewin, which is pass 10,000 volts through my sodding body through a vendergraph and demonstrate the class that how unlucky they are to still see me alive!!
I wish • my mom would come and stay with me here!!... and spank my brown arse whenever I hogwash stuff.
I hear • “Deisel Power – Prodigy” on my earphones
I wonder • if I will ever get out of this RSS-problem solving technique shit hole that I am in.
I regret • dude!!.... Cutting 36 cm lush long hair to 3 damn-ding-frigging-dong centimeters!
I can’t • eat my dinner without seeing a TV show; peacefully sleep without having been logged on to the messenger atleast once.
I am • indignant, fuss-ball, bustle, exhorting, trotted-obedient, gourmet, admiral, occasional gluttonous, foiled, occasionally swearing to improve my vascular properties, prostrating, sphincteral, sniggerer, nefarious, gawdawful tripe who will die one day and either be burnt to ashes making the bottom table of talakaveri or eaten by rodents when buried under the ground.
I dance • I vaguely remember when I last danced… yeah about an year back at a discotheque with a chick who was deaf!!! … btw, for those who don’t know, i´ve been semi-coached in bharatanatyam :D
I sing • ask Nithya (for all those concerts we´ve gone) and Viewer (I rapped to her on request) on my singing skills!!.... If u ask me I sound terrible even as a bathroom singer.
I need • a kick on every part of my anatomy that lent itself to scrutiny and change my brains!
I cry • No… boys don’t cry ;)
I make • my laundry, vacuum my apartment, put myself to sleep and wake myself up, wash my own undies, cook what I eat, eat what I cook, and make my dirty dishes myself too …(and that’s about all I can make)
I write • Because Im made to talk german 24-7 and my worst fear is forgetting English which is on the verge of coming true. Finally I may endup qualifying for not knowing any language.
I confuse • myself and others when im blabbering… how often have u been confused?
I miss • Mom… Bangalore… the morning walk with grandpa, the bowling alley, bike rides, everything that I did in Bangalore this time!
I will • try to multitask better, screw n unscrew without dropping the damn spanner cracking the floor creaking the hall!
I should try • composing music again… *sigh*!!!
I tag Prasad, PV and Chandu- Comeon gang, take it up ;)
I told you that somebody is on a tagging spree.... here goes one more....
Rules of the tag are:
• Say who tagged you
• Say eight things about yourself
• Tag 6 people
Tagged by Nithya
Hmmm….eight things about me….
1. I’m a major insomniac and nocturnal… Find difficult to sleep beyond five hours, and these few hours are buckled with night-horses and mares.
2. I like biggish cameras; that’s when I get the feel of photography.
3. I can spend a lifetime in front of the machine, with or without chores.
4. I’m incredibly restless, cant stay locked at my home in Bangalore …...i need to out there hitting the roads and the chicks.
5. Am getting fidgety now… too many tags taken at one go.
6. I want to go to Djibouti wearing a Hawaiian shirt with Bush’s twin daughters alongside me dancing to the tunes of Lambada with a serpent tied to my neck.
7. My name is Anjan…. A for- not apple, its Anjan…. Remember Jab AN aur AN ke beech….
8. I don’t wish for myself the truly mortifying end that comes from humping the officially foist secrets act at some funny angle to my ribs of nimble-toed formication in my never-profaned-by-light-corridor-of-life !! – let me know if u understood this.
phewww!!... the tag is finally done-dana-don!
I tag…. Sweety, Sophie, SM, Akanksha, Preeti and Kishley.
Friday, August 18, 2006
Achtung palmists!!Yeah people, This my dirty palm scaned after assembling a mount to test the robo leg that I prepared at the test-stand. So please see beyond the dirt and grease sticking to my fingers(thats the reason i used a plastic below if u´ve observed) :D. Go, on and read it.
Those who know and not know palm-geography, everybody are encouraged to read it, deliberate and bless my past, present and future :P
Have a great weekend!
Saturday, August 12, 2006
Knowing PreetiLong long ago, but not so long ago, i had promised Preeti to write a post on our encounters. From complete strangers four months ago we are one of the coolest good friends today. The first time I spoke to her on phone she threatened to eat me up for having been in the city for two weeks and not having called. We decide to meet up the next day and subconscious gets into an estranged superficial simulation of a boss. Being the brave soul I am, I ask her to get A (anonymity intended and asked for) to get a cover, but hear that A has other(/better ;)) plans. I was late and I knew that. I was asked to look for a girl in a pink top eagerly displaying my khakis and a blue sleeved adidas. A girl in a black top walk towards me blushing and weaving looks. Totally confused I point my finger towards her “Are you preeti?”, and she grunts “No im A”. I turn for a tap on my shoulder I see a simple girl with a black salwar and my eyes still looking that pink top. We introduce ourselves and head towards “Ballal Residency” where preeti had promised a treat. She turns out to be sling shot backfired to what I thought she would be. Didn’t utter a word, and it was all of me n A doing the talking. On insisting her to talk, she utters a few like a miser. After making the pretty women walk the street for almost an hour we settle in a lounge and preeti is still silent. I call her that night to apologize on being a bad company but she insists on meeting again. I meet her again with A at my nephews naming ceremony. I didn’t realize they were around for a long time and when I see them, this lady opens her mouth and says “Anjan, you the busiest person in this hall. Carry on, we are comfortable”. Couldn’t talk anything else with them that day. She was the simple, serene, soft spoken executive till she encouraged and assisted a prank if u want to read it. Like the way my eyes couldn’t believe Greece winning Euro 2004, I couldn’t believe my ears- it was preeti who possessed potential to such antics. Nevertheless we meet up yet again (alone this time) and preeti talks and talks and talks and talks. This time a monologue from the other end. And ya, I get a gift from her; Lord Ganesha sitting in a mantap and now it’s a part of our guest room in Bangalore. It was a fun ride on successive phone conversations and meet ups. From being a simple girl to a notorious prankster, nagger and a critic, the biggest miser Ive ever come across, she has been all the bad things. At the same time she is has been very caring, practical and serious. I wouldn’t forget the last day in Bangalore, she helped me buying and carrying the ready-to-eat food packets, getting other things done, getting ma rucksack from my aunts house, I wouldn’t have packed them without her as mom n sis were sick. Thanks a bunch preeti. And yeah, I was the elite special person to get to know that she was getting married and the rest of the gang got to know much later. We kept it all secret till her engagement. Today she is happily married to Moons (that’s what she calls him ;)). A wonderful friend, a charming personality, she loves her family, treasures her friends and now a complete woman (aka aunty- sorry I had to do this). Its been pretty amazing knowing her from a simple shy girl, to a prankster, to a friend, to a friend in need, to a close friend, to a married woman. Lets wish her a wonderful married life ahead and she will surely rock.
PS: Ive been telling preeti that I´ll write this from 3 months, pheeew!- finally I did it!
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Tit-Bits from the last few weeksLast week an impulsive oldie in me decided to get retro. I landed at work with a cotton kurta and jeans. With an unshaven beard, gelled hair and sleeve folded till elbow I looked like a Hindi news paper editor. Now I have a French beard and have been looking like a scientist who has lost himself finding something. If guys don’t do all such non-sense, they disgust me.
Yesterday evening I set a new record for myself. I was handling SIX messenger windows parallely - Give me an award!
I found that the best buddy on everybody’s YM has been the Stealth; include me as I run for a cover.
A Greek friend of mine is acting weird lately. Dinner invites, meeting up for tea-time-talk on weekends, the moment he sees me- starts exercising his jaws and I my ears. We used to hate each other before, and I still. I only hope and pray he hasn’t turned hetro.
Weekday meme – get up, brush, shit, bathe, travel, work-eat-work, travel, conservate, chat, die, resurrect, repeat!—life sucks!
I deliver this after considerable orkutting. Women are subtle. They don’t know what they want. But men!?, they are obvious. They know what they want. Its women. Call me obscure, or call everyone else a moron.
Right now this popped up… Why isn’t written language like spoken language? Why don’t we write like we speak, and speak like we write?- Wager gotta be pulpified!
Music- Crowded House - Always take the weather with you
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Tagged again!I had been tagged by Nithya on the 12th of April….. and had convenienty forgotten about it. Thanks to Preetika who shook me off my grave amnesia by tagging me again.
1. Were you named after anyone?
Yes. Lord Hanuman Im told.
2. Do you wish on stars?
3. When did you last cry?
Feb 12th- 2005
4. Do you like your handwriting?
No ways! I lost all my marks (esp history) because of my crabbed handwriting
5. What is your favourite meat?
For me, meat = chicken !
6. What is your most embarrassing CD on your shelf?
I don’t believe this – some CD of JLo – yuckk!!
7. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
You must be kidding
8. Are you a daredevil ?
Proof of my daredevilry:
- walking around in a t-shirt at sub-zero temperatures!
- giving a thought to a career in music
- encouraging and assisting a preteen couple to elope at the age of 10!! My parents were made to visit the school and I was grounded for I dot know how long – beat this!!
9. How do you release anger?
Punch the wall, go at him/her all verbal, hold my breath till I nearly pass off, sometimes just sleeping it off.
10. Where is your second home?
Used to be my college canteen and room number 6 in the computer science block....*sigh*
11. Do you trust others easily?
All the time!!!
12. What was your favourite toy(s) as a child?
GI Joe and Heman – totally kicked ass!
13. What class in school/college do you think is totally useless?
school-good; college – better and useful for all useless things. Class?? Ive never heard of it… have you?
14. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Its cool only sometimes.
15. Have you ever been in a mosh pit?
I lived in bangalore for 24 years. What do u think!?
16. What do you look for in a girl?
Dumbness, sense of humour, intelligence and no identity issues please
17. Would you bungee jump?
Hell- Yeh!!! It's in my list of 'things to do before i die'!! :)
18. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
19. What's your favourite ice cream?
A choclate and malaga scoup on a cone at Del Negro which costs me a mere 60 cents :D
20. What are your favourite colours?
Black and Blue
21. What are your least favourite things?
Deadlines and yash chopra genre movies!
22. How many people do you have a crush on right now?
23. Who do you miss most right now?
Mummmmmmyyy!!! (… just read a scrap from a friend ive started missing “our place”)
24. What are you listening to right now?
Huming of the chip cooler of my computer and my collegues mouse clicks
25. If you were a crayon, what colour would you be?
26. What is the weather like right now?
Pleasent!!! 22 degrees!!!
27. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Anu… she was all excited and jumping driving a porsche carera…. I could heart her heart beat!
28. The "first" thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Her figure. I am sorry, call me a chauvinist… but I am wee bit crazy about the female figure. For me you maybe the hottest chic in town, but an inappropriate figure just aint good enough!!
29. Do you like the person who sent you this?
Ofcourse I like them both!
30. How are you today?
Unshaven- With this current look, im not surprised if they mistake me for a saadhu from himalayas.
31. Favourite non alcoholic drink?
Choclate milk ofcourse :D
32. Favourite alcoholic drink?
Hafferweisen and Port wine
33. Natural hair colour?
34. Eye colour?
Dark brown.....almost Black.
35. Wear contacts?
A darling sister… happily married
37. Favourite month?
Winter months!! (I absolutely love snow!!)December - love the spirit of christmas and new year...
38. Favourite food?
Chindi chitranna kallekai beeja! And anything mom-made
39. Favourite day of the year?
Nothing like that… weird question this!
40. Have you ever been too shy to ask someone out?
No- never! Im shameless! (but yeah… I didn’t have the balls to ask someone out before I came here)
41. Scary movies or happy endings?
42. Summer or winter?
Spring or Summer!Winter!!!
43. Holi or Diwali?
44. Do you like your name?
Sure- I hope I do! But I hate it when these germans pronounce it wrong!
45. What book/magazine are you reading?
No time for books right now! :(
46. What's on your mouse pad?
Dude! I use an optical mouse!
47. What did you watch on TV last night?
I don’t have a TV … anyway I watched an episode of Seinfeld on my computer.
48. Favourite Smell ?
Petrol – Kerosene :D
Food smell on a hungry stomach
49. Have you ever regretted breaking up with someone?
I don’t know!
50. Most tiresome thing you’ve ever experienced/done?
My stints here in germany that still ticking!So thats that!!
Shtupit, does this this beat your almost four month long procastination?